If you have ideas we are here to help!
Whether you are a first time entrepreneur, university faculty, or business, we want to help turn your idea into a commercially viable venture. The primary objective of the Wisconsin Center for Commercialization Resources (WCCR) is to facilitate the entire commercialization process, by providing resources and services for moving a project through various stages from idea to proof of concept to launch.
- Applied Technology Center at MSOE, which houses the Rapid Prototyping Center
- The Whitewater Incubation Program (WhIP) consists of a number of different options designed to provide coaching, mentoring, support, and service to new business ventures linked to the Whitewater University Technology Park Innovation Center, which delivers relevant business services to entrepreneur and existing companies.
- Small Business Development Center at UW Parkside that serves as a regional resource for growing businesses
- Kohler Center for Entrepreneurship at Marquette University that has successfully led regional commercialization efforts.
- UW Milwaukee is in partnership with the City of Wauwatosa to construct the Innovation Park, a third generation university research park which will be home to an innovation accelerator.
The advantage of WCCR is the combined strengths of the partner universities. WCCR can harness the expertise and assets of more than one institution to provide a comprehensive set of services. The following are a brief sample of what the WCCR makes available to assist you; visit Our Resources for a more comprehensive listing.
In addition, WCCR partners with BizStarts, the Clinical and Translational Science Institute, Milwaukee 7 (M7), Wisconsin Energy Research Consortium (WERC), the Milwaukee Water Council, and other regional economic development stakeholders to facilitate and guide commercialization efforts, ultimately leading to enhancing economic development in the state.